Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Channeling My Inner Debra

Yes that's right, I went red! But really it's more of an auburn. If you are anything like me, when you hear of someone dying their hair red you immediately think of either orange or that weird purpley-red. The latter is what was flashing through my head all afternoon as Rachel was coloring my hair. It was indeed very scary. I guess it's safe to say that I am an adventurous person, I have to admit that this is not the first time I have made a hair decision and then sat biting my nails off waiting to see what effect it would have on the way I looked.

This time it turned out great--I love it! Perhaps if I get brave, I will post a picture later. I think auburn does me well, I have a good complexion for it. Please note that I did not say that I have a good complexion, I have a good complexion for red toned hair. I think that my face actually looks less red and more tan with my auburn hair. I wouldn't have thought so either but it seems to be true. Also my green eyes stand out more.

I think I am going to follow in Debra Messing's lead and stick with red for a while.

oh, and by the way--I didn't cut bangs. Whew! I dodged that bullet!

1 comment:

Juli said...

Red Rocks!! I totally prefer red, but every time I try to do it my hair turns out the same as it was before I colored it (probably because I'm too cheap to go get it done professionally, and I'm even too cheap to buy the requisite second bottle of nice n' easy necessary for long hair). So, hooray for you!