Friday, May 30, 2008

My New Toy




So after hours of hard work (really really really hard work) on Saturday the 24th, I was given my brand new toy.

It is very small and cuter than a million puppies and kittens. It smells like heaven and baby powder. It makes me feel joy and peace and spirituality and very much an empowered woman. It squawks and gasps and cries out and I laugh with glee every time it does. It is the secret to happiness in this life and it's mine, all mine (and Jon's). I get to dress it up in cute tiny clothes, watch when it stretches and curls up and sleeps so peacefully. I get to kiss it's soft sweet skin and hold it any time I want.

I'm happy. I love my new toy.


*image stolen without the express written consent of wry baby. To purchase this and other super cute and funny baby products, visit wry baby

10 comments:

Becky said...

Congratulations Ali...this was so sweet and tender to read. :) I can't wait to meet him.

Shanna said...

yay! Congrats Ali!! If you do make your blog private, send me an invite!!! My email is momto3under2@gmail.com

Adam and Lisa said...

Congrats, Ali! I am so excited for you. I wanted to have my baby on the 24th..that was the day I had picked. I guess we had to flip flop - I wanted a late baby and you wanted an early baby! Congrats anyway. Enjoy your new toy. I want a invite if you make your blog private - thelichfields@gmail.com

Sarah said...

Ali, Congratulations. I am so happy that all went well. We really hope to see you soon.

Melinda & Matt said...

Congratulations!! I too would love an invite if you make your blog private--mom2cars@earthlink.net

Kristi said...

Congrats Ali and family!! I would love to meet him someday...

Andy & Jessica said...

This is so sweet Ali. Having a baby is so hard yet at the same time is an amazing and rewarding experience. We are so happy that everything went well. We can't wait to meet are new cousin/nephew.

Teri said...

congrats!!! awe I wanna see pictures! I love new babies. Hope your doing well too!

Britney said...

Congrats on your new 'toy'...I love those kind of new 'toys'...they make me smile!

Natalie said...

I can't wait to see him. I am sorry that I haven't yet. Will you forgive me?