Thursday, July 03, 2008

Gabeisms

Having kids means we get to laugh at the funny things they say, and as they get older they are less prone to say them and more prone to giving us attitude more befitting a teen. Because of this we have to treasure the funny times. Here are some of Gabe's latest:

This is how I know my son has been too involved with Star Wars: the other night in his prayer he said this "You're my only hope Heavenly Father." Nice, huh?

Last night he ended with this little Gem: "Bless us all that we'll have a good night's sleep..... even the Hawaiians..." Apparently my long harbored dislike for Hawaiians is starting to show in my children... (that was sarcasm, I don't dislike Hawaiians)

And some of my favorites happen when he is playing with his Star Wars action figures and he thinks no one is watching or listening. A couple of days ago, two of his action figures were in a serious conflict where one was about to throw the other off of a ledge and right before doing so, he said in a very serious and menacing voice "Bon Voyage" to the guy he pushed. But he didn't pronounce it the way it is supposed to be pronounced, he pronounced it "bon voyagee" with a hard "g" sound just like bugs bunny used to. It was all I could do not to rip into laughter. What a funny kid.

4 comments:

Adam said...

You and your legendary hatred of Hawaiians. Seriously, just when I think a person can't possibly hate Hawaiians any more, you prove me wrong.

Just kidding.

Seriously, though, this is funny stuff. Gabe is a funny little guy.

Sarah said...

Oh I love it! He sounds like a funny kid. I just love how kids say the funniest things.

Juli said...

Wow! I was totally wondering why we had such a fantastic night's sleep here the other night! Thanks, Gabe! Keep up the good work!

=)

Nothing beats little kid prayers! Asher (who routinely refers to himself as "Super Y" now) regularly thanks Heavenly Father for Super Y's powers during his prayers. I don't know what powers he's referring to, exactly, but I'm pretty sure it's not the power to clean up one's own mess. Or the power to obey one's mother. Or the power to eat all of one's dinner. It might be the power to turn any inanimate object into either a gun or a bow and arrow.

Natalie said...

We all know of your disdain for Hawaiians, Ali. Try as you might, you just can't hide it.