Monday, October 13, 2008

A Picture Tour of Hawaii

Hawaii is so picturesque that it's hard to come home without a billion beautiful pictures of scenery. Here is a collection of some of the wonderful things that you will find on the great Island of Oahu:

I woke up to this little fella one morning. That happens to be the foot of my son's bed--um--eeek!! For those of you that don't know, this is a centipede and it packs a deadly sting, one that would make a grown man cry. Look to the switch plate in the background for scale.




This is a picture of "A well-functioned sophisticated and best in quality created exclusively for you" found at a local Japanese market. for me? Aww, you shouldn't have!


and from another Japanese store:
contents: 1 spoon, 1 fark




And some signs around Honolulu that I found amusing:


just one


aahh, home sweet home!


really?!?


Easy Street--Dead end.
isn't it?

And last but not least, the funniest sign in my collection:

More accurately: Abercrombie & Fitch
Pre-Pubescent Girls

5 comments:

JujuBean said...

We too saw one of your little friends over the summer. I've never screamed for my husband so fast in my life!

Juli said...

Okay, Ali, you need to go check out www.engrish.com. They've got tons of that stuff and it makes me laugh every day!

Glad you guys made it home safe =). Braden asked me yesterday if Arizona is on the other side of the world from Hawaii. I think he misses you guys a little.....

jill said...

I seriously can't wait to go home. I grew up with those centipedes and they still totally freak me out! I was laying on the sofa once and I felt something under it so I picked it up and there was a large centipede resting on my fingers. Emotionally scarred for life. Anyway, with such fun family and ono grinds waiting, I will go bravely and face those slithery little things!

ali said...

it's so worth it Jill, isn't it?

Jonathan said...

ah home sweet home!!!!!!