Thursday, March 05, 2009

10 Signs That I'm Getting Older

You know, besides the wrinkles and the gray hair that I am starting to get...

1.  The other day, I drove my car without music so that I could get some "peace and quiet."

2.  When I heard about Larry Miller's death at age 64--I was taken aback at how extremely young that was vs. finding out in High School that my friend's mom was turning 50 and not being able to get over the fact that she was a half of a century old.

3.  Is it just me, or are the professional sports players still babies??  (I mean in reference to their age, not attitudes, although let's be honest...)

4.  I frequently utter the phrase "They call this music??"

5.  I have actually felt my biological clock tick (fortunately for me, shortly thereafter we decided we weren't going to have any more kids).

6.  My son has a crazy ability to beat me at any video game despite the fact that I've been playing it way longer than he has.

7.  If I bend all the way over for any reason, I can only bend halfway back up and walk around half-bent for a while before I can lift the rest of the way up.

8.  I possess the ability to gain weight merely by smelling food.

9.  I can't get over how arrogant and immature college students are.

10.  I complain all the time about how:
-youth is wasted on the young
-young(er) people don't have the same work ethic I do
-gas was so much cheaper when I was a teen

4 comments:

Emily said...

Here here. And something about walking uphill both ways to school in the snow. Blah blah blah. I feel the same way. Although, I have way too many gray hairs for a person as "young" as myself!!!

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

ha, ha, ha!...you just made me feel not so old! I hear ya sister on all counts...welcome to the "other side"!

Jessica said...

I have been feeling that way to. . .I remember when I turned 25 and thought wow I feel so old, now I am staring straight into 30! I agree with all of your signs of getting old! (also, I am glad that you are back blogging again)

Juli said...

Thanks for a much-needed laugh, Ali =).
I don't think you sound old, though. You just sound like a mom! And you're a fun, young mom at that =).