Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Oh Ralph.




Take a look at this awful thing that popped into my "salemail" email today. Ralph Lauren--what were you thinking dear old man? This skirt is so dowdy that I can hardly even imagine my Grandmother wearing it. Do the designers for Ralph really think that a young hip woman wants a skirt with horse bits printed all over it? I mean even if you like horses! This is right up there with Christmas sweaters. If one of the contestants on Project Runway had sent this down the catwalk, they'd be prime for an "Auf Wiedersehen" from the fabulous Heidi herself.

Almost as bad, is the Nordstrom buyer that actually put that in the store. Honey, two wrongs do not make a right, and not everything that comes from a designer is fashionable. Think for yourself, or hey Nordstrom, hire me!

What do you guys all think?

10 comments:

Adam and Bri said...

completely unfortunate. sort of like the model ralph lauren fired for being 5'10'' and 120 pounds.

ghastly, i tell you!

Emily said...

I gotta' say. I'm with you on that one. Some designers think they can sell anything as long as "they" make it. Not so my friends. Not so. I think I'll take a big fat pass on the horsey skirt. And, as for the 5'10" 120 lb. model, I'm going to have a donut.

Kara said...

I don't mind the shape of the skirt, but the bits...oh no, they will not do!

Erin said...

Um...at least it is modest?

Becky said...

it could be worse... hehe

jill said...

But sure enough, someone will buy it. I just keep thinking of the lecture Meryl Streep gives to Anne about her sweater in The Devil Wears Prada. The real kicker will be if Target puts out a version. Then we will really have a problem.

Juli said...

Well, I think it's flat-out ugly, but since I live in swap meet t-shirts and off-brand board shorts I doubt that my opinion counts for much.

Melanie said...

Sad part is that you know you are going to see some Japanese tourist sporting that skirt just because it cost a lot of many.

Adam said...

After looking at that skirt I have concluded that you and I have different definitions for the term "horse bits."

Natalie said...

i think i love you. that's what i think:)!