Sunday, January 24, 2010

Readers, where have you gone?

As I've been reading some of my older posts, I've noticed that I've lost a lot of readers. Why is this I wonder?

*Is it because I complain too much?

*Is it because I'm too negative?

*Is it because I'm not as funny as I used to be?

*Is it because my posting schedule is erratic and therefore difficult to follow/predict?

*Is it because I announced that I was going to take a break from blogging a few months ago?

*Are my bible swears too offensive?

Among the readers I have lost there are multiple friends which are very dear to me, a brother (who is one of three total, but the only one that read my blog), a handful of sisters-in-law and brothers-in-law, a fair amount of cousins, a couple of Aunts, and a partridge in a pear tree (yeah, the humor quotient has really gone down, hasn't it?).

Hm. I wonder. Well, if you are still out there readers, please know that you are loved and missed.

*Please note, these questions are not necessarily rhetorical, if you know why--do tell!

19 comments:

Juli said...

I'm still here, el guapo!

You really are kind of erratic and unpredictable, but I love your writing so I check it pretty much daily anyway. I need a hobby.

Emily said...

I'm still here. I know I'm not the "fun" cousin....but I'm what you've got :)

Adam and Bri said...

i'm still here, too! and sporadic posting doesn't bother me — that's what google reader is for. :)

Teri said...

I love your posts!!!!!

Britney said...

Still here...still reading :)

I will try to comment more :)

Jennifer said...

Another cousin/reader. People probably left because your posts are witty and entertaining and they were envious?

ty and megs said...

i'm here too! half the time i have a little baby or a big 3-year-old baby on my lap, which makes leaving a comment kinda tricky. :)

Jill said...

It's the bible swears.

ali said...

I knew it!!!

Adam said...

I'm still here, Ali. And the term "Bible swears" has now been added to my vocabulary.

colleensewnsew said...

I'm still here--however,I confess, that facebook gives me more instant contact, so I check it more often. Yes, I have turned into a facebook reader -- don't tell my sisters.


They will never know because they don't do facebook!

Lisa L. said...

I'm still here- thanks to Google reader, I always keep up with your erratic posting! I'm with Jennifer- the level of wit could be daunting to some who are not self assured!

Shanna said...

I'm a faithful subscriber! And I need to find you on FB!

ABlack said...

I'm still here Ali! We just need more posts! =)

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

that a girl, that is the way to get comments!? i am still here too, but life is crazier than usual the last few months(didn't know that was possible when you become an empty nester!) and haven't had time to do my daily blog checking and then when i do, i am to brain dead to make a clever comment...lot of pressure with the level of your readership you know!? i'll make sure in the future i at least do a "yo" or something to let you know i am here! definitely keep up your blogging, it is how i stay connected to all of my darling nieces...and even nephews once in a while! I promise if you post a picture of you running into tyler that you'll definitely get a fabulous comment!?!?!?

Erin said...

I am still here! Bloglines is my friend so post as irregularly as you like. Honestly, I think a lot of people get tired from reading blogs and they go through periods of inactivity if you will. I have noticed it on my own blog. There are people who used to visit, comment all the time who I now don't hear from.

Melinda said...

I'm still here--but I'm with Emily on not being the fun cousin!

heather said...

when did you start a blog? j/k
no trips out to utah planned anytime soon sadly. i'll bring my camera when i do. smile.

Natalie said...

a day late and a dollar short. it was the unpredictable blog schedule, followed by those damn bible swears. i just learned how to follow a blog (i'm tellin ya, a day late...). anywho, i added you today. i miss you. tell your parents thanks a lot for not bringing you to me.