Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ten Years


Then:

We were kids.
My hair was blond.
We had plans and schemes.
We thought we had life figured out.
We were optimistic.
We loved each other.









Now:

We are older, and yet we know less somehow.
My hair is dark brown.
We have three kids.
I have a million stretch marks.
Our plans have changed.
We realize how little we actually have figured out, and even less have control over.
We are still optimistic even though we have experienced the deep pain and disappointment that life can sometimes bring.
We love each other more greatly and deeply now than we ever thought we could have.


Thank you my darling, my love and my everything for a crazy, fun, funny, beautiful, hard, and exciting life-- My love to you on this special special day.

12 comments:

Erin said...

This post makes me very happy. Congratulations to two wonderful people on 10 years! You are such a great couple. Love you guys!

Emily said...

Great post, Ali! Isn't it funny how much perspective brings?? Congrats on ten years. That is quite an accomplishment!

Jill said...

Very sweet post, Ali. Congratulations on the big 10!

Melanie said...

Congrats! We can't wait to have you guys here. I want to see Axel and Ben together.

ty and megs said...

i totally remember your engagement picture thinking "i want my engagement photo to look just like that -- sigh." :)

congrats on 10 years!! love you guys!

Britney said...

Happy Anniversary! Love you two!

Adam and Bri said...

happy 10 years! definitely something to post home about. :)

love you!

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

yes, i kept your engagement picture as an example of what fun things could be done! amen to your sweet thoughts...you hit it right on! congrats on #10! you could add to this that you are more beautiful than ever!!!!! thanks for being my beautiful relative that I frequently run into!!!! i'll be going to costco this next week....here's hoping?!

Diane said...

Congratulations to a darling couple! Great post, Ali! I can't believe that it has been ten years--when did that happen? Sure do love you guys!

Adam said...

Isn't it funny how Becky and I have only been married for four years, yet we've known each other longer than you and Jon?

I think that's funny.

Happy anniversary!

Tan+Charee+Chloe+Tru said...

ali- i love this post, i love your love for eachother. i love how honest you are and true all of it is for all of us! i love you and thank you so much for sharing!!!!! i love and miss you!!!

heather said...

hot then, hot now. need i say more. oh yah, i sure you are a lot wiser too. smile. love you.